(Class ll division l malocclusion)
- .36 wire upper labial bow 3×3 loops with legs extending (parallel to each other) into the buccal shields
- .036 cuspid loop wires crossing the occlusion distal to the cuspids (with a grove to anchor) with the legs extending into the buccal shields and parallel with the bow legs
- .045 palatal omega wire with loop facing mesial and is clear of the palate extending up with the wire crossing the occlusal surface in the embrasure mesial to the first molars (anchors with a grove on the mesial of the first molars) and extending into the buccal shields with a loop and back onto the first molar with a rest on the occlusal grove on the buccal
- .036 wire lower lip pads with legs extending (parallel to each other) into the buccal shields
- .051 lower lingual wire extending to mid first molar doubles back to second bicuspid then up and over the occlusion halfway between the aches and extending into the buccal shields going toward the distal (parallel to each other)
- .028 lower lingual springs rest against the lingual surface of the lower anterior teeth and embedded in the lower lingual acrylic
Standard Acrylic Finish
- Pink acrylic buccal shields (vestibular shields) holds perioral muscle forces (labial and buccal) away from the dentition
- Pink acrylic lower lingual acrylic
- Pink acrylic lower pads
- Clear or colored acrylic
- Add a decal or design
- Buccal shields split horizontally and vertically into two parts, permits the forward movement of the lower anterior segment
- We accept any type of impression materials that provide an accurate impression.
- It is crucial for your impression to accurately reflect the necessary anatomy of your patient for proper fit of appliance.
- It is required that your impression tray be intact with impression material upon delivery.
- Impression trays and materials may be returned for an additional fee. Please note this with Clinician Support or on your Prescription Form.
- If your impressions are affected by time, temperature, or are moisture sensitive, consider pouring your models immediately.
- How well do you know your impression materials? Certain impression materials can contribute to model problems encountered in the lab, such as poor surface quality, bubbles, or other porosity issues which can affect the accuracy of your appliance. If you have any questions about best materials for use, if your impressions could be improved for lab use, please contact our Clinician Support Department.
- NorthStar accepts Plaster or Stone Models.
- Models should be trimmed without compromising the durability of the model.
- Models need a base minimum of 7mm for strength and stability. If your model does not meet that requirement, a base may be added to your model for an additional charge.
- If you need a duplicate work model made, this must be indicated on your prescription form or noted in Doctor Preferences as during the appliance creation, your model may be damaged.
- Care in shipping and packaging of bite registrations is key. Special packaging, separate cases between molds and bite records should all be taken note of to make sure your products remain undamaged and intact at our facility.
- Proper identification for each record should be noted in every shipment.
- We recommend any cases that require maxillary mounting, be done so before shipment to our lab.
Listed below are Articulators and accessories that are in use at NorthStar:
- SAM® 1, SAM® 2, SAM® 3
- Whip Mix
- Stratos 200
Warranty for All Products
100% Unconditional Repair/Remake Warranty
NorthStar offers a 100% ‘no questions asked’ repair/remake warranty on appliances for 30 days from the original date of invoice.
- This is a repair/remake warranty, not an offer of credit.
- Does not apply to design changes.
- Does not apply to aligners or other appliances with digitally reset teeth.
NorthStar warrants that its appliances are free from errors in workmanship for 120 days from the original date of invoice. NorthStar will repair or remake (at our discretion) any product that fails to meet our production standards.
- Does not apply to clinical non-fit due to dentition change
- Does not apply to model distortion
- Does not apply to breakage from improper handling.
To Submit a Warranty Claim
Please submit all of the following elements:
- Original appliance
- Original working model
- A new working model
- A full description of the points that did not meet expectations.
Please return all required materials in one shipment. Separate shipments will incur additional handling fees.
ADD ON OUR APPLIANCE PROTECTION PLAN
TAKE THE STRESS OUT OF LOST OR BROKEN APPLIANCES.
IT’S MADE TO LAST
NorthStar’s dental appliances are carefully designed and precisely handcrafted. With proper care, this appliance should last throughout treatment.
HOWEVER, ACCIDENTS HAPPEN!
Purchasing NorthStar’s appliance protection takes the stress out of lost or broken appliances. Damaged or lost appliances may be replaced once at no charge and subsequently at 50% during the coverage year for a reasonable single charge.
You design how you want the plan to work in your practice. You may purchase coverage as perks for your patient or you may make it available to your patients for purchase – at whatever price you determine! Either way, it will be greatly appreciated when an appliance is lost or broken.
For details and for pricing information, call Clinician Support @ 800-346-0011